Guarantee Your Peace of Mind
Prepay for College Now
The GET Program is Washington"s 529 prepaid college tuition plan. You prepay for your child"s future college tuition and have peace of mind knowing that the value of your account is guaranteed by the state to keep pace with rising college tuition.
- Your GET units are guarenteed to keep pace with tuition at Washington"s most expensive public university, either the University of Washington or Washington State University.
Choice of colleges nationwide
- You can use your account at nearly any public or private college in the country and some schools around the world.
- The value of your account is the same, whether your child attends a public in-state university or a private or out-of-state college.
Tax-free savings and withdrawals
- The after-tax money you put into your GET account will grow tax-free.
- The money you withdraw will be tax-free too as long as you use it for qualified higher education expenses.
Flexibility and control
- You can use your account for tuition, room and board, books or other qualified higher education expenses.
- If your child doesn"t go to college or receives a scholarship, you can transfer your account to another family member, or request a refund.
- You maintain total control over your account.
Easy ways to save
You can set up a monthly payment plan, send a check whenever you have extra cash, or choose a combination of the two.
- You can open an account for anyone - your child, grandchild, friend or even yourself.
- Either the account owner or the student must be a Washington resident at the time of enrollment.
For more information visits the website:
You must have GET accounts already established to participate in GET payroll deduction.
To enroll in the GET Program, you may enroll by mail or online during the annual enrollment period (September 15 through March 31).
Payroll deduction can be started anytime after the GET account has been opened.